What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded in your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page to store and recover information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment, among other things, and depending on the information the cookies contain and on how you use your equipment, they can be used to recognize a user.
Types of cookies we use
We use our own and third-party cookies. Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, we can distinguish between the following:
- Technical cookies : These cookies allow users to browse a web page, platform, or application and to use the various options or services on that web page, which includes the following, for example: controlling data traffic and communications, identifying the session, accessing parts with restricted access, remembering the elements comprised in an order, conducting the purchasing process of an order, making a request for registration or participation in an event, using security elements while browsing, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound, or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These cookies allow users to access a service according to some predefined, general characteristics, depending on a series of criteria at the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access a service, the regional configuration from where a service is accessed, etc.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies allow a cookie manager to follow up on and analyze the behavior of users of the web sites to which the cookies are linked. The information gathered using this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of web sites, applications, or platforms and to prepare browsing profiles of the users of those sites, applications, and platforms in order to make improvements according to an analysis of the data on the use made by users of the service. We use the Google Analytics service, which is a web analytics service developed by Google, and it provides a measurement and analysis service of the browsing of our web page.
Cookies used on the web page
|wordpress_test_cookie||This cookie is used so that the content manager WordPress check whether the browser has cookies enabled||Session|
|wpml_current_language||Save user language||Immediate|
|privacy_embeds||Cookie for internal use, it is used for the visualization of cookies policies||1 month|
How are cookies managed?
- Chrome at http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Safari at http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
- Explorer at http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9